Have you ever poured a glass of water from the tap and found that it smells a lot like your backyard pool? This is because chlorine is added to our water as a disinfectant and has been for years.
|Disinfection of water is generally used either alone or as the final step in water treatment, after clarification or filtration. Disinfection is widely used to prevent the passage of bacteria, viruses and some protozoa into the distribution system.There is certainly no debate that we need chlorine in our water to remove or reduce these cysts and bacteria, however unfortunately for us Chlorine has also been directly linked to many forms of cancer, heart attacks, blocked arteries, birth defects, miscarriagesÂ and more.|
â€¢ Chlorine gas was used in WW1 to gas and kill soldiers in their trenches.
â€¢ Chlorine has been directly linked to many forms of cancer (see news articles below)
â€œCancer risk among people drinking chlorinated water is 93% higher than among those whose water does not contain chlorine.â€
- Saginaw Hospital, Dr JM Price MD
"One common factor among women with breast cancer is that they all have 50-60% higher levels of these chlorination by-products (THMs) in their fat tissue than women without breast cancer..."
- Breast CancerFund.org
â€œDrinking tap water that is chlorinated is hazardous, if not deadly to your health.â€
- US Council of Environmental Quality
â€œThe cause for atherosclerosis and resulting heart attacks and strokes is none other than the ubiquitous chlorine in our drinking water.â€
- â€œScience Newsâ€, Vol 130, Janet Raloff
â€œChlorine is so dangerous, that it should be banned. Putting chlorine in the water is like starting a time bomb. Cancer, heart trouble, premature senility, both mental and physical are conditions attributable to chlorine, used in treated water supplies. It is making us grow old before our time by producing symptoms of ageing such as hardening of the arteries. I believe if chlorine were now proposed for the first time to be used in drinking water it would be banned by the Food and Drug Administration."
- Biologist/chemist Dr. Herbert Schwartz
"A long, hot shower can be dangerous. the toxic chemicals are inhaled in high concentrations."
- "Bottom Line", August 87, Dr John Andelman, Ph.D
"A greenish yellow, bad smelling poisonous gas, it is a chemical element, one of the halogens.Â It is extremely irritating to the nose and throat.Â It is used as a bleaching and disinfecting agent, and in the manufacture of explosives, plastics and dyes."